Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
A good, hearty comforting meal. I sometimes serve it with mashed potatoes instead of noodles and usually make my own gravy, but the gravy in a jar is convenient when I need to hurry things up!
Top Review by Mowwow
I needed a quick meal and tried this with ground turkey and used about a half a cup of butter craker crumbs instead of salitines and generously seasoned the patties with steak seasoning. They turned out great and even my picky eaters liked them. I used gravy from the jar but will make gravy next time. I served with baked potatoes and green beans. Yummy and healthy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup saltine crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- hot cooked noodles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the beef, egg white, onion, crumbs, milk,horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 oval patties. Fry in a skillet over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Remove patties and keep warm.
- Add gravy, mushrooms and water to skillet; heat for 3-5 minutes. Serve over patties and noodles if desired.
- Serves 4.