Recipe by Rob's Wife
This is a wonderful alternative to the traditionally frozen version. It is very juicy and flavorful. It's also very easy.
Top Review by steve in FL
Great Salisbury steak recipe - I grilled these over charcoal, we love the smoky-char taste to them when you make them that way.. much like the frozen ones, lol.. highly recommended - the gravy mix IN the meat mixture was genius.. thanks much!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 small onion, diced very small (or dried)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 (4 ounce) package saltine crackers, crumbled (one sleeve)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup water (more or less to form patties)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients (water last). Mix it all using your hands, then form thick patties.
- Fill a skillet until the patties are less than a quarter covered (approx. 1/4 inch water). Frying in water helps them retain their juiciness.
- When meat is done on the inside brown slightly on both sides.
- If desired, a second envelope of brown gravy may be used to pour over the patties at the table (follow package directions), but they are so juicy you usually don't need it.