Recipe by Aroostook
This is a quick easy meal that really stretches a pound of hamburg. If you like an extra zip, serve with salsa!
Top Review by Puffykins :)
I had to make some "substitutions". I was out of onions & dry bread crumbs. I substituted fresh mushrooms (chopped finely) for the onions (my daughter wouldn't eat them anyway) & crushed SEASONED CROUTONS for the dry bread crumbs. Then I combined a can of cream of mushroom soup,1 cup of water, & a package of brown gravy to the pan for a gravy. Simmered the "steaks" in it for a few minutes. My daughter & husband LOVED it! Although, I would OMIT the final breading stage (unless using actual BREAD CRUMBS would make that huge of a difference.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put milk, veggies and bread in dish.
- Let stand for ten minutes.
- Incorporate hamburg (I use my hands).
- Make into 6 oblong patties.
- Coat patties with dry bread crumbs.
- Add oil to fry pan and heat.
- Brown patties until cooked through.
- Serve with green beans and baked potato.