Top Review by Sue Lau
Very good! I prepared this with ground turkey and served it with turkey gravy. I also sauteed the mushrooms before adding them to the gravy. Next time I might add a few more cracker crumbs to the meat to make the steaks a little bit more tender. And also, I think this would go great with mashed potatoes as well! Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup saltine crumbs
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons water
- hot, cooked noodles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl combine the beef, egg white, onion, crumbs, milk, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Shape into four oval patties.
- Fry in a skillet over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Remove patties and keep warm.
- Add gravy, mushrooms and water to skillet, heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over patties and noodles if desired.
- Makes 4 servings.