Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup saltine crumbs
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons water
- hot, cooked noodles (optional)
- In bowl combine the beef, egg white, onion, crumbs, milk, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Shape into four oval patties.
- Fry in a skillet over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Remove patties and keep warm.
- Add gravy, mushrooms and water to skillet, heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over patties and noodles if desired.
- Makes 4 servings.
Very good! I prepared this with ground turkey and served it with turkey gravy. I also sauteed the mushrooms before adding them to the gravy. Next time I might add a few more cracker crumbs to the meat to make the steaks a little bit more tender. And also, I think this would go great with mashed potatoes as well! Thanks for posting.
I used a whole egg and left out the mushrooms, but the recipe was easy and tasted quite good. I think next time I might find a gravy recipe from scratch as the jar sauce was too salty. Can anyone tell me what the milk does to this recipe?
This is wonderful! My son asked for it for his birthday, I tried and it was a big hit! I used bread crumbs in stead of the saltines but it was great! Thanks for sharing!