Recipe by looneytunesfan
Still looking for that perfect Salisbury Steak.
Top Review by lauralie41
Very nice salisbury steak recipe. Instead of broiling I cooked them in a skillet. The meat mixture is soft and falls apart easily so I had to carefully flip them. Loved the sauce and next time will buy two packets of brown gravy mix so I can double the ingredients. Used dijon mustard for the sauce and it worked very well. Thank you looneytunesfan for posting the recipe!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and milk.
- Add bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon gravy mix and onion.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two patties, about 3/4 inches thick.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Place the remaining gravy mix in a small saucepan; stir in the water and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve over patties.