Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
In my quest to find the best Salisbury Steak, I ran across this one which sounds really good.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup crushed saltine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- hot cooked noodles (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the beef, egg white, onion, crumbs, milk, horseradish, salt if desired, and pepper.
- Shape into four oval patties.
- Fry in a skillet over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Remove patties and keep warm.
- Add gravy, mushrooms and water to skillet; heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over patties and noodles if desired.