Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
this gravy is so good; can also be made as meatballs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or SILK)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (i add more)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 -2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, in
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Mix egg, milk and all and add to ground beef. Mix gently.
- Brown quickly in oil in heated medium-sized skillet.
- Mix ingredients for gravy until blended.
- Pour over meat and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles or bread.
Sorry, but I didn't care for this at all. I reduced the milk to 1/4 cup, but the mixture was still a little loose. The patties were OK, but I threw the gravy out. I'm still looking for a good salisbury steak recipe with lots of flavor.
My family really liked this. All i have ever had was "TV Dinner" kind. This CAN'T compare. It's five stars all the way. Very easy to make. I however didn't have the nutmeg or allspice. So if I can find any I will try it again. AWESOME. Thanks
This recipe is really good. EVERYONE loved it. It ended up making 6 or 7 servings. I had to put more breadcrumbs because it was too "soupy" but i'm not sure exactly how much more. I just added some until i was able to make patties (but not as dry as I would for hamburgers). My dad wants the patty recipe because "hey those patties will make real good burgers. Give me that recipe and we'll try it next time." TYVM :)