Recipe by JCrosgrey
The most tender steak that you will ever sink your teeth into! Good on those cold winter days when you want to have something baking in the oven all afternoon. :)
- 3 lbs steak (cheapest cut you can find.... trust me!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Tenderize steak until 1/2 the thickness it was originally. (If you don't have a meat tenderizer use the back of a small pot.).
- Peel onion and clean pepper. Cut into rings.
- Brown steak on both sides in skillet with a small amount of oil.
- Place all pieces into baking pan.
- Cover with the can of tomatoes, rings of onion and green pepper, wine, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350F for 30 min and then turn the oven down to 250F and bake at least 3 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and be prepared to eat the most tender steak ever!