Recipe by Jillian L
Tried this one out on my family and they loved it. Good for a beginner cook
Top Review by Jacelya Jones
I followed the directions, except that: I used a single sweet onion. I used a single .75 oz packet of McCormick Dry Gravy Mix, prepared to gravy consistency, according to the instructions; and then I added 1 tbs red wine and 1/4 tsp Good Seasons Salad Dressing Mix Italian from an 8oz pkt. I tossed cooked, wide egg noodles in a 1/4 tbs butter, a sprinkle of sea salt and 3-4 dashes of Lawry's Seasoning Lemon Pepper. Needless to say, I served the meatballs over the noodles. Prepared with the alterations I made, I warn you: There is no gravy, except for a nice glaze over the meatballs and a bit of sauce to be scraped out of the pan for extra flavor. Lighter, in my opinion and great with steamed crinkle-cut carrots...or any other veggie.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced (Walla Walla)
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cooked meatballs, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushroom beef gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and brown sugar to the skillet; saute and stir frequently for 15-20-30 minutes or until onions are golden brown and caramelized.
- Add meatballs and gravy; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 5-8 minutes or until meatballs are well heated; stir as needed.
- My family enjoyed these meatballs over noodles.