Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is something that my b/f and I came up with. I like meatloaf with ketchup on top and he doesn't, so we compromised, and this is it. For a little extra flavor,and some of drained mushroom liquid.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced seperated into rings
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- In large bowl, combine all loaf ingredients, mixing well but lightly as not to dry out meat.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 9 1/4 x 5 1/4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes. Drain grease. Top with gravy and bake for 15 more minutes.
- For gravy: Prepare gravy mix and water according to package directions.
- In a medium size skillet, melt margarine.
- Add sliced onions, brown sugar, and mushrooms, stirring until onions are softened and a medium brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add gravy and stir until thickened and heated through.