Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice Salisbury steak recipe with no mushrooms that uses ground deer meat. You may substitute canned beef gravy for the gravy and just add the french onion soup to it.
- 1 lb ground deer meat
- 1⁄2 cup fresh minced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- For the patties.
- mix meat, onions and 1/2 of the french onion soup.
- add the salt and oats until mixed well. It will be kind of sloppy not dry like a meat loaf.
- using a 1/4 cup measuring cup scoop out portions and form into patties.
- bake on a foil lined pan for 30 min at 350 degrees or until done in middle.
- For the gravy.
- drop bouillon cube in boiling water until disolved.
- in a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and cold water together.
- add the rest of the french onion soup to the boiling broth and wisk.
- wisk in the cornstarch vigorously until it begins to thicken.
- pour over the steak patties when done.
- for make ahead I usually freeze the gravy in ice cube trays and add to frozen dish.