Prep 5 mins
Cook 27 mins
Another one developed in Recipezaar Chat. These, for me, are a cook ahead and reheat in the microwave. Another cooking for 1 thing. They are dense but stay quite moist for the reheating. I had them as burgers (no cheese this time) But they would go well with a little gravy with smashed potatoes for a main dish.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 small red onion, fine dice
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (preferred) or 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 cup toasted onions or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 dashes hot sauce (Crystal preferred or Tabasco)
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- salt (less if you use the onion soup mix)
- Start oven at 380°F.
- Mix everything.
- Form into 6 or 4 patties (depending on serving size) about an inch thick.
- Place on rack in shallow baking pan.
- Bake in oven like a meatloaf to 150°F internal temperature.
- Those quick-probe thermometers are handy.
- This took 27 minutes in my oven.
These were really good burgers. I made them using by on dry onion soup mix and the rest was pretty much as directed. I also cooked them on my George Foreman Grill instead of in the oven.