Recipe by Marjolein #2
I cut this recipe out of a magazine, an advertisement for Campbell Soup. I have made this since the 70's. I don't brown the patties in the bacon fat, I use 2 tablespoons of oil.
Top Review by cherierandall
I have not made this dish in at least 15 years. I had lost my copy. Made it last night and OMG! My husband and I did not even speak except to keep saying how wonderful it was and wish we had remembered it sooner.<br/>Only thing is I believe it needs more sauce. Next time I'm going to double the sauce.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram leaves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix thoroughly 1/3 cup soup, beef, breadcrumbs, egg and salt.
- Shape into 6 oval patties.
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Brown patties in drippings.
- Stir in remaining soup, wine and seasonings.
- Cover, simmer 20 minutes or until done.
- stir occasionally.
- Serve over cooked noodles; garnish with bacon.