Sali Ma Murg (Indian Chicken With Potato Straws)
- Grind in a food processor or pound with a mortar and pestle: garlic, ginger, cinnamon, garam masala, turmeric, green chillis. They should form a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and curry leaves and fry until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Add the paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and brown, cooking until ingredients are dry.
- Add water to cover the chicken, bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, until chicken is almost done.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce is thickened and chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil and oven-roast at 450 for 20-30 minutes.