Da Huz's Note:
A chicken curry served with oven-roasted potato straws (or cauliflower)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut to 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 5 curry leaves
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 green chilies (I use serrano or jalapeno with seeds, but you can take the seeds out if you don't like your food spi)
- 1 lb potato, cut into small straws
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Grind in a food processor or pound with a mortar and pestle: garlic, ginger, cinnamon, garam masala, turmeric, green chillis. They should form a paste.
- 2Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and curry leaves and fry until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- 3Add the paste and fry for 1 minute.
- 4Add chicken and brown, cooking until ingredients are dry.
- 5Add water to cover the chicken, bring to a boil.
- 6Simmer, covered, until chicken is almost done.
- 7Uncover and simmer until sauce is thickened and chicken is tender.
- 8Meanwhile, drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil and oven-roast at 450 for 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sali Ma Murg (Indian Chicken With Potato Straws)
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.0
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 157.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 51.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: