Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gluten free, with no added sugar and the addition of healthy salba seed-these muffins are still yummy. I like them for a take along breakfast. These are not going to be huge fluffy muffins, they don't rise much-but they are very moist.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup mashed banana (1 small ripe banana)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons salba seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut (I use unsweetened)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Mix together oil, eggs, banana, vanilla and salt.
- Add coconut flour, Salba seeds, shredded coconut, cinnamon and baking powder and whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in raisins, if using-I did not.
- Pour into muffin cups. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of muffins comes out clean. I had to bake about 5 minutes longer.
These are wonderful. I am gluten and sugar free and I eat one of these every morning and I am not hungry until afternoon. I add pecans or walnuts or craisins or sunflower seeds or any nut or dried fruit or none, they are great. Thank you for this recipe. Nobody would know they were gluten or sugar free. I make a double batch and freeze them and microwave them 45 seconds before eating.
These are good for gluten free diet. We really like them, They are not too sweet,and the flavor is great. I didn't have the salba seeds so I didn't use them.We will be making them again.