Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Salatit Batata (Tunisian Potato Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- Cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until tender but still intact.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Cook over low heat until potatoes are dry, about 1 minute.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat until a light haze forms above it.
- Combine cayenne, cumin and water.
- Add cayenne mixture, lemon juice, caraway and salt to skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat, add potatoes, and stir gently until evenly coated.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
These were very good- although they are not for the "tender-tongued". My DD & I enjoy spicy and they ARE quite tasty so DH enjoyed too. The only thing I wish to point out is it DOES LOOK like sand on your potatoes.- doesn't taste that way though. We could not stop eating these. Thanks so much! made for ZWT6 and the Xtra Hot Dishes.