Recipe by threeovens
A garlicky, cumin scented side dish for grilled meat. Times do not reflect bean cooking time (overnight soak and 50 minutes to cook).
- 2 cups dried cannellini beans or 2 cups great northern beans, soaked overnight or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced into a paste
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If using dried beans, bring beans and 6 cups water to a boil over medium high heat; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender, about 50 minutes.
- Drain beans and place in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, parsley, cumin and garlic; drizzle over beans.
- Season beans with salt and pepper and toss.
- Serve cold or room temperature.