A garlicky, cumin scented side dish for grilled meat. Times do not reflect bean cooking time (overnight soak and 50 minutes to cook).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried cannellini beans or 2 cups great northern beans, soaked overnight or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced into a paste
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1If using dried beans, bring beans and 6 cups water to a boil over medium high heat; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender, about 50 minutes.
- 2Drain beans and place in a bowl; set aside.
- 3Whisk together oil, lemon juice, parsley, cumin and garlic; drizzle over beans.
- 4Season beans with salt and pepper and toss.
- 5Serve cold or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salatet Fassoulia (White Bean Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.5
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.1 g