Recipe by Missy Wombat
This recipe was initially posted in response to a round the world game. Not only did it sound good but once I got around to trying it myself, it WAS good! I'm not usually a cucumber person but I really like this recipe.
Top Review by threeovens
This is a very nice salad, and I really enjoyed the crispness and sweetness of the green pepper without having to add any sugar. The next day it was more like pickles, but still enjoyable to eat. It doesn't have any of the tartness of pickles, so it is still a good salad.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,halved lengthwise,seeded,thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, cored,seeded and cut in half lengthwise
- 78.07 ml pitted and coarsely chopped green olives
- 4 large fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 17.25 ml white wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper