Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was initially posted in response to a round the world game. Not only did it sound good but once I got around to trying it myself, it WAS good! I'm not usually a cucumber person but I really like this recipe.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,halved lengthwise,seeded,thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, cored,seeded and cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup pitted and coarsely chopped green olives
- 4 large fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the cucumber in a salad bowl with the green pepper, olives, and mint.
- Add the coriander, paprika, olive oil, and vinegar, season with salt and pepper, toss again, and serve.
This is a very nice salad, and I really enjoyed the crispness and sweetness of the green pepper without having to add any sugar. The next day it was more like pickles, but still enjoyable to eat. It doesn't have any of the tartness of pickles, so it is still a good salad.
This is super good. Shelly used red peppers and a regular cuke and rice wine vinegar. We will be making this again.
This is a unique, healthy and tasty veggie dish. I love the addition of the green olives -- gives it a great kick. A great crunchy and yummy snack. I followed the recipe exactly except for two small substitutions -- I used red bell pepper instead of green and rice vinegar instead of white wine vinegar. Perfect salad that I plan on enjoying often.