William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is an excellent Egyptian Fruit Salad, dipped in the Yogurt Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3 large tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 3 large apples, of your choice cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to sprinkle on apples to prevent browning
- 1 cup green seedless grape
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 3 large peaches, skinned, pitted and sliced
- fresh mint sprig (to garnish)
- 1Prepare fruit and arrange on a large platter, leaving the center open for the YOGURT SAUCE BOWL.
- 2Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- 3YOGURT SAUCE.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine orange juice, yogurt and orange-flower water; whisk well until smooth.
- 5Place in a small bowl and sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.
- 6PLACE YOGURT SAUCE BOWL IN THE CENTER of fruit platter to be used for dipping.
- 7NOTE: Orange-flower water is the essence of the orange tree blossom.
- 8It can be purchased in most Middle Eastern grocery stores.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salatat Fwaki (Fresh Fruit Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 16.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g