Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This is an excellent Egyptian Fruit Salad, dipped in the Yogurt Sauce.
- 3 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3 large tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 3 large apples, of your choice cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to sprinkle on apples to prevent browning
- 1 cup green seedless grape
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 3 large peaches, skinned, pitted and sliced
- fresh mint sprig (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange flower water (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare fruit and arrange on a large platter, leaving the center open for the YOGURT SAUCE BOWL.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- YOGURT SAUCE.
- In a mixing bowl, combine orange juice, yogurt and orange-flower water; whisk well until smooth.
- Place in a small bowl and sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.
- PLACE YOGURT SAUCE BOWL IN THE CENTER of fruit platter to be used for dipping.
- NOTE: Orange-flower water is the essence of the orange tree blossom.
- It can be purchased in most Middle Eastern grocery stores.