Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from a cafe overlooking the central square - Djemaa el Fna, the heart of traditional Marrakech, Morocco.
- 4 oranges, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each orange crosswise into 5 slices. Place orange slices in a bowl and toss with olives and cilantro. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine juice, oil, orange-flower water, and sugar then stir with a whisk. Pour over salad; toss gently to combine.
- If making ahead of serving time, refrigerate the orange mixture and juice mixture separately. Bring to room temperature and toss before serving.