Recipe by Cluich
This is a nice change of pace from the typical bland way of serving green beans. I like to chill before serving, but they can also be served at room temperature. (Note: Prep time doesn't include letting the onion sit in the dressing or chilling in the fridge.)
Top Review by Annacia
If there is any secret here it's to give this a long marinating time. I wasn't at all impressed with it fresh made but it much better after being in the fridge for 8 hrs. Next time I think I would add some red pepper flakes to boost it up a bit.
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the green beans to make a dressing. Let the onion marinate in the dressing for at least one hour (the longer, the better).
- Snap the ends from the green beans. If they're large, break them further so they're about the size of your index finger. Cook in boiling weater until tender, then drain.
- Mix with the dressing, being sure to coat the green beans well. Let cool and serve, or better yet, chill in the refrigerator before serving.