1/1 Photo of Salata Tahini--Middle Eastern Tahini Salad
chef FIFI's Note:
This recipe goes well with just about every middle eastern dish. Its very flavorful, one of my favorites. I make this at home, but I am not good at keeping measurements, so I snagged it off of the web and tweaked it, to the way I make it at home.*To spice it up you can also add chopped hot pepper to it as well*.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*May need to adjust tahini and water levels to desired consistency*. Consistency should be creamy.
- 2Dice up tomatoes and cucumbers and combine them together in a medium bowl.
- 3Place garlic, hot pepper and salt in a mortar.
- 4Smash until mushed.
- 5Tahini dressing takes a bit of stirring to become creamy so, you can either add tahini,and water in a bowl by itself and mix or you can add to the same bowl with the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- 6Add lemon in increments to achieve desired tartness.
- 7Stir the dressing until smooth and creamy.
- 8combine everything including garlic/hot pepper together making sure you have added the mint.
- 9Take tbsp of dried mint, Place in hand and take other hand and rub together, this will sort of grind the mint up smaller and separate it from any stems.
- 10Place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- 11Serve with a swirl of olive oil on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salata Tahini--Middle Eastern Tahini Salad
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.5
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 54.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 12.3 g