Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Romanian potato salad. Excellent with grilled meat or chicken cutlets. Pickled red peppers are more traditional but roasted are probably easier to find in the U.S.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 -6 dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pickled sweet red peppers, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and black pepper
- 12 black olives
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 10 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Drain and cool potatoes. Combine with the pickles, onions, and red peppers.
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this dressing over the potatoes and pickles. Mix gently.
- Top with olives and let cool to room temperature.
I left out the sugar. Sometimes I add hard boiled eggs too.