Recipe by English_Rose
Greek salad with tomato, cucumber, olives, dill and feta cheese. Serve with crusty bread.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Easy and very tasty. I only put the ouzo on my portion. What a treat! It wasn't overpowering like I thought it would be. In my book, you can't go wrong with tomatoes, cucs, black olives and feta. Yum! ~Made for Zee Zesties on the ZWT6~
- 1 lb tomatoes, ripe and well flavoured
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra to serve
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ouzo
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 20 black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks, and cut the cucumber in half lengthways and then across into thick slices. Slice the red onion very thinly. Crumble the feta cheese into small chunks.
- Put the olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, the red wine vinegar, ouzo and some black pepper into a large salad bowl and whisk together. Add the tomatoes, cucumber and onions and toss together gently.
- Add the feta cheese, chopped dill and olives and mix briefly, then divide among four plates.
- Drizzle the salad with a little more olive oil, sprinkle with the dried oregano and a little coarsely ground black pepper. Serve with some crusty fresh bread.