A simple Middle Eastern salad which provides a refreshing complement to Middle Eastern dishes or which can be served as one of a range of dishes in a mezze spread; or be used with falafel and hummus in pita bread.
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 large lebanese cucumber, diced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 medium green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 4 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all the vegetables in a bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small jug and pour over the salad.
- Toss well and chill before serving.