Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a traditional Lebanese recipe.
- 236.59 ml lentils, rinsed
- 88.74 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- 1 onion, quartered thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml flat leaf parsley, minced
- 14.79 ml of fresh mint, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring lentils and 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until lentils are tender, about 35 minutes. Drain lentils and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until soft, 7-8 minutes. Remove pan from heat and whisk in remaining oil, lemon juice, cumin, and allspice.
- Pour the garlic mixture over lentils. Add onion, parsley and mint and season the lentils with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Serve lentils at room temperature.