1/2 Photos of Salat Katzutz - "chopped Salad" (Israeli Salad)
my favorite salad, the easiest and simplest thing you've ever had. Israelis put it in any type of pita, and eat it at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is the best. Very healthy, simple, and easy. The quality of the vegetables really make the salad, so get the firmest and ripest tomatoes, cucumber, etc. That's why this is best IN ISRAEL :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1chop up the cucumber and tomato FINELY. It is chopped salad, because it is supposed to be chopped up! i'd say peel the cucumber, but it's not a must. The firmer, tastier the tomato, the better! If using red pepper, chop it up to about the same small size.
- 2Chop up the red onion very small, maybe even slightly finer than the other vegetables.
- 3Cut up/dice the parsely to taste - i'd probably use about 4 sprigs of parsely (any type works - italian, curly, etc.).
- 4the key is the dressing - very simple - simply make a 50/50 olive oil and lemon juice mix, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Mix it all together in a bowl and serve/eat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salat Katzutz - "chopped Salad" (Israeli Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g