my favorite salad, the easiest and simplest thing you've ever had. Israelis put it in any type of pita, and eat it at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is the best. Very healthy, simple, and easy. The quality of the vegetables really make the salad, so get the firmest and ripest tomatoes, cucumber, etc. That's why this is best IN ISRAEL :)
- chop up the cucumber and tomato FINELY. It is chopped salad, because it is supposed to be chopped up! i'd say peel the cucumber, but it's not a must. The firmer, tastier the tomato, the better! If using red pepper, chop it up to about the same small size.
- Chop up the red onion very small, maybe even slightly finer than the other vegetables.
- Cut up/dice the parsely to taste - i'd probably use about 4 sprigs of parsely (any type works - italian, curly, etc.).
- the key is the dressing - very simple - simply make a 50/50 olive oil and lemon juice mix, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix it all together in a bowl and serve/eat.
Love this salad. Very good and so easy.
Delicious with hummous in a pita. So simple and refreshing.
We LOVED this salad and I believe we could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This salad will be a staple in our home and proves how simple things realyare the best things. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe.