Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found these for the Cooking Club here at the home but they were too spicy once I read the recipe. Great for last minute company. These are from the kitchen of Nonnie Nardone, Northpole.com. Did not allow for cooling time as each location is different.
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced genoa salami
- Blend all ingredients together with the exception of the salami.
- Spread mixture on salami slices and stack five slices high.
- Refrigerate stacks until firm.
- When ready to serve, cut each stack in 6 wedges and serve on toothpicks with pickled onions.
These little guys are great! They were gone in no time at our family Christmas get together. I had visualized them being taller. But could be my fault for not getting thicker slices of salami. Which I plan to do next time. All the ingredients mixed together gives a nice little kick. Thanks DiScharf for posting an easy, tasty appetizer.