Adapted from an Australian Womens Weekly Recipe. Makes quite an impressive addition to a fingerfood banquet, yet it is quite simple to make.
- Blend or process half the cheese with basil until smooth.
- Blend or process remaining cheese separately with tomatoes until smooth.
- Cut rounds from the bread the same size as the salami.
- Spread a slice of salami with basil mixture, top with a bread round.
- Spread bread with tomato mixture, top with a slice of salami.
- repeat with remaining salami, basil mixture, bread and tomato mixture, making 10 stacks.
- Cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, cut stacks into 4 wedges, top each wedge with half an olive, secure with a toothpick.
- Can be prepared 3 hours ahead.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Not suitable to freeze.
- Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
I found it easiest to put the cream cheese mix on the salami and put it on the bread, then cut the bread to size. I put the other cream cheese mix on the salami and put the first salami/cheese/bread on top of it. I put a bit too thick a layer of cream cheese on the first ones, and when I cut it it squished out. The next ones I used a thinner layer, and they were great.Thanks Good Looking! Made for PAC 2012