1/1 Photo of Salami, Sausage, and Mozzarella Tart
1 hr 15 mins
Phil Franco's Note:
Crostata di Salame, Salsiccia, e Mozzarella
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the Crust:
- 2Preheat oven to 425°F
- 3Unfold crust on work surface.
- 4Press together any cracks in dough to seal crust.
- 5Place crust in 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom; fold in excess dough and press, forming double-thick sides that extend about 1/4 inch above rim of pan.
- 6Pierce crust with fork.
- 7Bake crust 5 minutes; press with back of fork if crust bubbles up.
- 8Continue to bake until crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 9Prepare the Filling:
- 10Reduce oven temperature to 400°F
- 11Meanwhile, saute sausages in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat until brown, breaking into small pieces with back of fork, about 6 minutes.
- 12Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to large bowl; cool.
- 13Add mozzarella, salami, Parmigiano cheese, and basil.
- 14Toss sausage mixture to blend.
- 15Spoon sausage mixture into prepared crust.
- 16Beat eggs, milk, and nutmeg in medium bowl to blend; season with pepper.
- 17Pour custard over sausage mixture in crust.
- 18Bake tart until filling is set in center and golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.
- 19Let cool 10 minutes and serve. Makes 8 (appetizer) servings.
- 20That's it!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salami, Sausage, and Mozzarella Tart
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 136.6 mg
- Sodium 594.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: