Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tasty, easy and quick. Great to take along on a picnic or would be a nice addition to a salad buffet. I think this is best served at room temperature. -Adapted from Michael Chiarello of Food Network
- 1⁄2 lb salami, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, coarsely chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for drizzling
- balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar, for drizzling
- Combine salami, mozzarella, tomatoes and basil in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil and toss well.
DH and I both agree that this is really delicious. I added in some Kalamata olives for a new dimension. Great!
This salad is pretty good. I do have to say that it is best fresh or when it has just sat for about a day. It doesn't keep much longer than that. Definitely one of those salads that is meant to both taste and be eaten fresh. Thanks!
I use buffalo mozzarella because I like the rustic look of it when it's pulled apart, and prefer it with the red wine vinegar. Great refreshing summer salad. Thanks.