Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice tasty salad, quick, easy and tasty. You can shave some parmesan over the top to finish it off.
- 720 g potatoes
- 10 slices of spicy salami
- 1 large green oak leaf lettuce
- 65 g pitted black olives
- 200 g sliced red peppers
- 1 (125 g) can tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons chopped drained capers
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Cook potatoes unpeeled by boiling or steaming until tender, drain, cool and slice.
- Cut salami into quarters.
- Combine potatoes, salami& torn lettuce leaves with the red pepper and olives in a serving bowl and drizzle over the dressing.
- DRESSING: Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
I made this for our Melbourne Cup lunch today, to go along with an antipasto platter. It was perfect as the ingredients complemented the platter so well. I used dried basil (about 1 teaspoon), tuna in lemon pepper and jarred marinated capsicums. I omitted the lemon juice as I thought the tuna and capsicum had enough tang. I haven't added the lettuce to the salad yet, I'll do that when we eat leftovers tomorrow. A recipe I plan to make again soon!