Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Instead of salami and mushrooms, fill the tortillas with your favorite pizza toppings such as thin slices of green bell pepper, pepperoni, onions or even pineapple; the combinations are endless. You can even use whole wheat flour tortillas.
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 ounce salami, slices very thin
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons cilantro
- Place 2 tortillas on ungreased cookie sheet; spread with pizza sauce.
- Top with salami slices, mushrooms, 1/2 cup of the cheese and remaining tortillas.
- Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned.
- Turn quesadillas over; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Broil an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until quesadillas are light golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- If desired, serve with additional heated pizza sauce.