Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy appetizer that looks like you worked really hard. You can use green olives instead of black olives if you wish. from The Big Beautiful Book of Hors D'Oeuvres by Julia Weinberg.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 1⁄2 ounces black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 30 slices salami
- Combine cream cheese and olives.
- Roll each salami into a cone and skewer with a toothpick (the frilly ones look really nice).
- Pipe the cream cheese filling into the salami cone using a star tipped pastry bag.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
This was the first thing to disappear at my party last night, even though I made a double-batch. My salami was about 3" diameter, so I cut each in half to make cones. I've already been asked to assure that these will be on the "menu" for next year! Thanks for such an easy and fun recipe!
I cut the salami in half, put cream cheese on them with knife, roll them and put a green olive on top. I've never taken any home after serving at an occasion.
this is a great snack i alway have onhand the cream cheese and salami.but i have never tried it with black olives whitch i love so i will do that next time and update it thanks for great recipe