Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my childhood favorites, my mother made this perfect weeknight supper quite often. It's best with Genoa or Milano salami or any salami with lots of peppercorns; sopressata is a little too fatty for this. And for some reason, it's best with egg noodles.
- 1⁄4 lb salami, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb uncooked egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Brown salami, onion and green bell pepper in butter.
- Add noodles and pan-fry to a golden color.
- Add salt and chicken broth; cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
Very good salami taste. Next time I would add a bit more chicken broth so that the noodles are less crunchy. I would also add more of the vegi's.