Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Panini for lunch?
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves
- 2 slices sourdough bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- 1 ounce thinly sliced tuscan salami
- 1 ounce sliced Fontina cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the rosemary and fry until just fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Brush one side of each bread slice lightly with the rosemary oil.
- Lay a bread slice, oiled side down, and arrange the salami and cheese on the bread. Add the bell peppers and top with the other bread slice, oiled side up.
- Place the sandwich on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until the sandwich is hot throughout, golden and crispy.
- Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 1.
Great panini! I love fontina cheese and red pepper together. The rosemary is a nice touch as well.