Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 mins
When I was about 10, my brother had his friend over and my sister and I volunteered to make them sandwiches. This is what we came up with. My husband loves it :)
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread, toasted
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 2 slices salami (or ham)
- 1 slice cheese
- tomatoes, slices
- yellow mustard, to taste
- hot and spicy mustard, to taste
- shredded lettuce
- Fry the egg until the white is set, but not the yolk.
- To assemble the sandwich: spread one side of a slice of bread with mayo, top with salami and cheese, microwave for 15 seconds until cheese is soft.
- Cover with tomato slices.
- Spread another slice with mustard and hot mustard and place on top.
- Spread the top with mayo, put the egg on top.
- Carefully break the yolk, and spread the last slice with the egg yolk (this will prevent the yolk from breaking and making a mess on the plate).
- Put the lettuce on top of the egg, cover with the last slice.
If I could give this more stars I would. My entire family loved it. I used only Dijon mustard (all I had) and didn't have lettuce, but the rest was just like najwa said. A new family favorite. Thanks najwa. chefly
I used to make something very similar to this as a kid too. I used Italian salami as opposed to the kosher beef salami which I never liked. I cooked the salami almost like crispy bacon, and added a fried egg white and some tabasco on a roll! I still treat myself once in a blue to one. Thx for posting recipe.