Recipe by LorenLou
Slightly modified from Texas Tapestry cookbook. A nice "different" appetizer to add to your collection.
Top Review by Thellie
These made up pretty quickly and were certainly easy to do. I didn't pipe them, just spread the cream cheese mixture on each piece of salami and rolled up. I used at least 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard and more hot sauce plus garlic powder and onion powder (as well as garlic and onion called for). They went pretty quickly on a table of appetizers. Thanks LorenLou.
- 20 -25 slices genoa salami (very thin slices)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1 -2 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except salami.
- With one hand, fold a piece of salami into a cornucopia shape.
- Pipe the cheese filling into the salami, using a star tube.
- Lay the filled cornucopia seam side down on your serving tray.
- Repeat process until you have used all ingredients.
- Cover and chill (at least 30 minutes) until ready to serve.