Recipe by mommyoffour
Another recipe from an old cookbook on its last leg. I'm trying to save some recipes that we want to try. This sounds interesting and one my family would love.
- 9 inches pie shells
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded American cheese
- 1⁄2 lb salami, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cooked potato
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pie shell by pricking bottom and sides well with fork.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- In saucepan combine flour and pepper; blend in milk.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese till melted.
- Stir in salami, potato, onion and pimiento.
- Turn into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 till center is nearly set, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.