Recipe by Jewelies
I have used ham in place of salami. This recipe can be frozen.
Top Review by lauralie41
This is wonderful and so easy to make. I didnt find a french baguette at the store so I used ciabatta bread that had pieces of garlic baked in. DH does not care for onions so I left the green onions out and used a parmesan blend shredded cheese. Put the bread on a cookie sheet and baked in a 400 degree oven untl the cheese melted. The bread was crisp and the cheese melted nicely. Will make this again and try different cheeses. Thank you Jewelies for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Australian/NewZealand Forums Recipe Swap #26.
- 40 g butter
- 100 g salami, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small French baguette
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine softened butter, salami and green onions in a bowl, beat until well combined.
- Split the bread in half lenghtways, spread salami mixture over the cut surfaces of the bread.
- Press cheese on lightly, cut bread into quarters crossways.
- Cook under a hot grill until cheese is melted.