Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got a pop over pan for Christmas. Wow, I can't belive I didn't have one sooner!! This makes a dramatic addition to any meal. They are light and airy. You can also use a muffin tin but only pour batter in every other cup. Also, do NOT open the oven during cooking or you will lose the steam.... and the POP! The batter can be made the night before. I made these with cheddar, chive and slalmi but you could use just about anyhthing you want.....
- Preheat over to 425 and spray the popover pan with non stick spray. Preheat pan in over 5 minutes before adding batter.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT cheddar cheese and whisk until combined completely.
- Scoop batter into pan leaving 1/4 inch at the top.
- Drop one cube of cheese into the center of each cup.
- Place pan in oven in the lower 1/3 of the oven.
- Bake 20 minutes at 425.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 20 minutes.
- Serve Immediately or allow to cool on a wire rack.