1/2 Photos of Salami and Scallion Biscuits
From the New York Times. Author Melissa Clark says these can be made ahead and refrigerated, covered with plastic, and baked while the turkey rests. I generally do not use kosher salt in baked goods, so I would probably use 1/2 tsp table salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 deg.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- 3Cut in the butter, and add the scallions and salami., and combine gently.
- 4Pour in the cream and combine until a shaggy dough forms.
- 5Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly, 3 to 5 turns, just until the dough comes together.
- 6Pat out into a 1 inch thick rectangle, and cut out biscuits with a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Reroll scraps and cut out additional biscuits.
- 7Transfer to a baking sheet and brush with additional softened butter.
- 8Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 9If you have made these ahead and refrigerated, they will take 25 to 30 minutes to bake.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salami and Scallion Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 445.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g