Recipe by Gay Gilmore
Adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe. These are super easy to make and look spectacular. Great way to make a big impression easily.
Top Review by foodfingers
I made these with a little variation for my Christmas Party. People could not stop talking about them or eating them They were delicious. I took out the spices and mustard and added prosciutto.
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces thinly sliced salami or 2 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 egg, beaten
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cheese and spices in bowl.
- Cut pastry in half the long way.
- Spread half of the mustard on one of the pastry halves leaving a 1 inch border on one of the long sides.
- Place half of the salami in a thin layer over the mustard.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the salami.
- Brush the plain border with the egg.
- Starting opposite the plain border roll up the pastry and sealing at the egg-edge.
- Transfer to baking sheet seam-side down.
- Repeat with other sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut rolls into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Spray cooking sheet with nonstick spray and place pinwheels on sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes until golden.