Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tasty. Adapted from a recipe I got a few days ago from a PBS food newletter.
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced paper thin
- 2 small firm avocados, cut in thin wedges
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 ounces baby spring greens
- 6 ounces genoa salami, sliced thin and cut into thin strips
Balsamic Mustard Spread
- 3 tablespoons dark spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Stir together Balsamic Mustard Spread ingredients until well blended.
- Sprinkle cider vinegar, salt and pepper over the onion and avocados.
- Spread a heaping Tbsp of Balsamic Mustard Spread on each tortilla.
- Leaving a 1 1/2-inch border at one side of tortilla, scatter half the onion slices over the spread, then top with the greens.
- Scatter avocado wedges, salami strips and the rest of the onion on top of the greens.
- Starting with the side of each tortilla with no border, roll toward the side with a border; press edge of tortilla with border against the wrap, allowing the sauce to seal the sandwich (use more sauce if necessary).
- Eat at once or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
A really delicious wrap....I just cut the recipe in half since we were only two and I served it with a nice bowl of soup. Made it as the recipe is and found the flavors did blend very well together. The mustard spread added such a nice zip to the wrap. I had used whole grain Dijon for the mustard and it was great. I also got the Hebrew National Salami to use because I love the flavor of it. I think the idea of the other reviewer to add some cheese is a great idea, I didn't this time, but when I make it again I will add some cheese in it. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe echo echo....
Wanted to update: I used kosher salami and tomato flavored whole wheat wraps and everyone loved it. Orional review 1/26/08: Very good. I made this on whole wheat bread. DH took it in his lunch box too. He just IMd me and said he was very happy with his lunch and was not even upset he didn't get McDs with everyone else. The avocado compliments the salami very well. Its that salty/sweet thing. The mustard spread was very yummy. I used spicy brown mustard and fat free mayo. This will be good on other deli sandwiches as well. I'd like to try it on turkey. Will add this to the lunch rotation, thanks for posting.
The flavors in this wrap just didn't seem to fit together that well. Too much vinegar taste, even with the cider vinegar left out (I simply forgot it). Will not make again.