- 4 teaspoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 4 teaspoons hickory smoke salt
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (whole)
- 5 lbs beef, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
- Layer beef with spices and mix well.
- Mix once each day for 3 consecutive days and on the 4th day, bake for 8 hours at 170 degrees.
- Turn every 2 hours.
- Salami can be rolled into any size loaf or roll, before baking.
- Be sure to bake on a drip pan.