- 5 -6 lbs ground beef
- 4 -6 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 4 teaspoons hickory smoke salt
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder (more or less to taste)
- 4 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 4 teaspoons red peppers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, crushed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all spices together.
- Day 1: Mix spices and meat well; cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Day 2: Mix well, cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Day 3: Mix well; shape into loaves, cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Day 4: Place on wire racks on a cookie sheet. Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 4 to 6 hours, or until done. Note: Do not substitute table salt for the Tender Quick.